Monday, August 6, 2012

PIN UP

I was reminded today that is has been a while since my last post.. Theoretically this would be a great time to write on procrastination, but I will save that for a later day :)

My blogging has been interrupted by my new Internet crack, PINTEREST !  Pinterest has given me so many ideas and home projects to do....oh the possibilities!

We have lived in our home for 17 years. I have been inspired to put fresh eyes on where I "store" things and how. When you move to a new home it affords you the opportunity to thru things, revisit treasures or ask yourself why did I buy that? Because we have nested in the same spot for so long ..

We all know I tend to be a bit , well let's face it OCD and very much a creature of habit. So there are areas in my home that I have not reorganized in YEARS..well it's time to move things around, paint and rework.

This weekend I spent my time redoing and re purposing 2 closets and 3 dressers/storage. It took that long because of all the treasures I found. I heard myself saying "Oh, that's where I put that" Or aww Dallas' baby teeth( why do we save baby teeth?) or  find myself crying over the all the little notes & drawings Dallas gave me when he was little. The love letters & cards from my husband which certainly deserve a more dignified place than the back of a drawer! The pictures long stored away in the photo storage boxes because I never got around to scrap booking were a joy to revisit. But they won't be in boxes for long.. I now have ideas galore from my beloved Pinterest!

This weeks project , tackling my side of our bedroom closet. I routinely do a bit of organization in there but this time I hauled everything out.Everything.  If I haven't worn it in over a year: bye bye to me & hello to someone else.I had my own little fashion show trying everything on. That was a sure fire way to eliminate ! Those buttons aren't going to sew themselves on so I have made myself a pile to work on at night while I watch TV. The hardest things for me to part with: jeans & shoes,  had to remind myself I only have 2 legs and 2 feet and 365 days in a year so how may do I really need?   I was firm and stuck to the same 1 year rule.  My closet space is being prettied up and made a bit more functional. Jeff made sure I was only doing my side & not throwing out any of his ol' stuff. (not yet anyway)

 Thanks to Pinterest with all the crafty DIY info, the colors and ideas are at my fingertips, available without having to buy an entire pricey redecorating idea magazine filled with the beautiful but impossible ideas.

That's all for now..must go PIN !







No comments:

Post a Comment